- How long does a service last? A typical worship service lasts about one hour. (Unless you’re joining us on Christmas or Easter or another jam-packed service full of praise . . . those might be a wee bit longer)
- Can I receive communion? We believe that in the Lord's Supper (Holy Communion) we are receiving Christ's true body and blood (real presence) in with and under the bread and wine and that it was given and shed for us for the forgiveness of sins. We invite all baptized adults who share our belief, and youth who have been instructed in the Sacrament to come the Lord's table.
- What should I wear? At Immanuel, we believe that what’s on your inside matters most! And, although we’re all unworthy of God’s great love, He wants you to come as you are . . . and so do we. That’s why the dress code runs the gamut! Some worshipers are more decked out than others. There will be people in suits and dresses. You’ll find others in khakis, jeans and even shorts. No worries about your wardrobe!
- What about my kids? Jesus loves children and so do we! We offer busy bags at the entrances to the sanctuary to keep little hands occupied and little minds engaged during services. During the service we even have a special message just for them and it's also moment get up and stretch their legs as they are invited forward for our children's time at the front of the church.
- Coffee . . . I need coffee! Of course! We’ve got you covered! We welcome--and encourage--you to stick around between worship services to visit with other church goers and enjoy a hot cup of coffee. (There may also be some sweet treats too!)
- Where's the bathroom? Good Question! We have bathrooms on both the main level on the south side of the building and on the lower level in our fellowship hall. There is also an individual use bathroom downstairs with a changing table. Look for the signs that point the way or better yet, just ask anyone of our friendly members and we will be happy to point you in the right direction.
Welcome! We've been praying you'd join us!
We know that visiting a new place can be scary, but we promise we don’t bite! We actually think guests are a pretty big deal, and we’ve pulled out all the stops to ensure your experience is a great one! In case you’re still not convinced, we’ve compiled some frequently asked questions and answers to put your mind at ease.