Students, click the links above to access each week's video and Google Form.
Confirmation consists of 7 parts:
1. VIDEO LESSONS
- Lessons are delivered via text, email, and are available on this page (above).
- Watch the video for the week and answer the corresponding questions!
- Lessons should be submitted by Wednesday evening.
2. WEEKLY GROUP CHECK-INS
- Attend worship and come to our brief confirmation video discussion at 10:00 between the services. A leader will bring up your questions submitted with the video lesson as our basis for discussion.
- If you are unable to attend, contact us ahead of time so that we can set up a follow up conversation recapping the video.
- If you're attending Wednesday, have the conversation with Pastor briefly after service recapping the video due that day.
3. INDIVIDUAL CHECK-INS
- Expect to meet with Tara or Pastor every 2-3 months (we begin scheduling meetings in the Fall).
- We'll meet with each student for about half an hour, and have a casual conversation about how confirmation is going and any questions you have.
- We'll do two easy, short tests every year, using questions you already answered in the video lessons.
- Because tests are no fun, plan to have a party at test time! We'll probably have a confirmation Christmas party with our first test and a spring bash with our second.
5. MEMORY WORK
- You'll receive your memorization packet on Sept 10th (first meeting). The packets have one piece of memory work per page. Memory work is due every Sunday. Bring the single page of memory work due that Sunday to worship, and recite your memory to any other worshiper of your choice (except Pastors, Tara, or your family!)
- Do your memory work and get prizes! (Get it done on time, and get even bigger prizes!)
- Remember to answer the “What did you learn in the sermon?” question at the bottom and hand your signed memory work sheet in at the ushers' station.
6. SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
- Sign up for 2 jobs per month. You can pick any position: Acolyte, Usher, Reader, Greeter, Tech Team, Camera, anything!
- Try to pick different things!
- Sign up here.
- During your two years of confirmation, you must go on 2 different retreats at least once, the Worship Retreat and the Service Retreat.
- Retreats will take place in the Fall and Spring, and each retreat will be offered at different times of the year to accommodate sports schedules (ex. Worship retreat in Spring of 2018 and Fall of 2018; Service Retreat in Fall of 2017 and Spring of 2019.)